Why seek counselling?
There are many reasons why someone seeks counselling but essentially the bottom line is the same; some facet in life isn’t working for you and needs to change.
I am not the expert on your life; you are. What I aim to do is help you identify what needs to change and minimise the confusion so you can see the answers more clearly and arrive at a workable solution.
How will counselling help?
Counselling may be helpful in several ways:
- Counselling can help you gain a better understanding of yourself and a clearer sense of what you want and need enabling you to make constructive decisions
- Counselling can help you acquire new skills to better manage personal issues
- Counselling can help improve your relationships and your ability to communicate
- Counselling can be used to change something in your life or simply explore your thoughts and feelings in more depth
Do I need counselling?
Some signs that you may benefit from counselling are if:
- You feel like you need to talk to someone that is impartial. Many times it’s not helpful talking to family or friends because they may be directly involved in the issue or will be impacted by your decisions
- You have been ruminating on the same problem for a while and not getting any closer to a resolution
- Your life is being impacted in negative ways due to your thoughts, moods or behaviours
- You feel ‘stuck’ and can’t emotionally move on from a pervasive thought or event
- You need help in identifying behaviours that are change-worthy versus the behaviours that assist you
- People who you know and trust have commented (in concerning ways) on changes in your behaviour
Seek counselling for:
If you have a question about whether counselling can help you, do not hesitate to enquire.
The counselling space is yours and will be respected. You are encouraged to ask questions.